Volunteer opportunities at LWT!
We are currently looking for an ambitious social networker to direct the social media and community outreach of our rapidly growing network. The ideal applicant has a day job, but is looking for a side gig where she/he can help advance women:
- the creation, implementation, and execution of a social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.) communications strategy, including budget, tactic, metrics, and working closely with the LWT board
- the identification of new ways to engage audiences across traditional and new media and social media
- the development of media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements online, as well as in print and broadcast
- working closely with Board member leads for Communications, Events and WILpower.
Such a volunteer opportunity requires:
- Experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets is very beneficial
- Demonstrated interested in advancing women
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Effective project management
- Comfortable working in a fluid environment
- Honesty, integrity, and respect for others
- Minimum 1 year commitment
This volunteer opportunity comes with a free ticket to participate in the 2017 or 2018 WILpower program.
If you are interested, please send us an email with the following:
- Link to your LinkedIn profile and/or bio
- A short paragraph on how and why you would like to get involved
- Anything else you would like us to know about you!
Please, submit your volunteer requests to Cara Ching-Senaha by clicking HERE for a Volunteer Statement of Interest form.
Leading Women in Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the tech industry. Women, LGBTQA individuals, and minorities are encouraged to apply.