Updated: October 15, 2016
Personal Information Collection:
“Personal Information” means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to:
- Contact information: first and last name, e-mail address, a home, postal or other physical address, and other contact information
- Education and work information: job title, occupation, industry, place of employment, LinkedIn profile, skills, and personal/professional interests;
- Financial information: credit card numbers, credit card account holder’s name, credit card expiration date, and billing address.
“Anonymous Information” means aggregated information that does not identify an individual.
We collect Personal Information and Anonymous Information, in the instances below.
- If you register for a seminar, webinar, or event, we may collect your name, contact information, place of employment, job title, LinkedIn profile, or skills and personal interests.
- If you request to join our participants’ database, we will request your name, contact information, place of employment, job title, LinkedIn profile, and other information regarding your career and interests.
- If you request to participate as a director, officer or employee of LWT, we will ask you to provide your name, contact information, phone number, and general resume details.
- If you would like to receive information from us, we will ask you to provide your name, contact information, and a description of your comment or question.
- If you e-mail us directly via an e-mail hyperlink to provide us feedback or to ask us a question regarding the website or our business, we will collect any information contained in such e-mail.
Personal Information Use
- We collect Personal Information from you to fulfill your requests. For example, we may use your Personal Information to process an application, register you for an event, or answer a question.
- We may use your e-mail address to notify you of products or services that may interest you, to keep you informed about events or other items of interest, or to notify you of recent updates to our website. You may opt-out from receiving promotional or marketing e-mails by notifying us at the address specified at the bottom of any unwanted e-mail. These opt-out procedures may not be available for transactional or relationship messages, such as e-mails that are necessary to provide you with confirmation of a completed transaction.
From time to time, we may post user photos and testimonials on our website. These testimonials may include names, photos, and other personal information and we acquire permission from our users prior to posting these on our website.
- We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Information to perform statistical analyses of users’ aggregate behavior so that we may enhance the content of our services and improve website navigation.
We may collect aggregated demographic information about our website users in order to improve our product and services.
To develop new products and service to better serve our customers, we may combine information publicly available about you with the information we already have about you.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small data files placed on the hard drive of your computer, your mobile phone or other device you use to access our website, for record-keeping purposes. Other tracking technologies, e.g., web beacons used in conjunction with cookies, are small strings of web programming code that represent small, clear graphic images and are embedded in a web page or e-mail.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies. You may reset your browser to disable all cookies by consulting your browser provider. Please note that certain features of the website may not be available or function properly once cookies are disabled.
We do not respond to web browser “Do-Not-Track” signals.
Personal Information Disclosure
We do not sell your Personal Information to other third parties. However, we may provide your Personal Information and Anonymous Information to third party service providers and business partners to help us with our business activities, products and services. These companies are authorized to use your information only as strictly necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your information:
- As required by law, for example to comply with subpoena or legal process request.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your health and safety or health and safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request.
- If LWT is involves in merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets.
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Accessing, Correcting and Updating Your Information
We realize that your Personal Information, including your name, contact information, or employment company is subject to change and we would like to maintain its accuracy. If you would like to update your information, please email us using our contact information provided in Contact Us section below. We respond to all inquiries within 30 days.
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how Personal Information about you that we collect on our website will be used and will provide choices about whether or not to allow us to engage in that use. You can notify us of your preferences during the information collection process or using the contact information provided in Contact Us section below. You may change your choices and request that we delete your information at any time by contacting us directly.
From time to time, we may send emails to you regarding new services, programming and upcoming events. You may opt out of receiving newsletters and other secondary messages from LWT by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ function present in every email we send. However, you will continue to receive essential transactional emails.
We will retain your Personal Information and Anonymous Information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our rights, or as reasonably necessary for commercial purposes.
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical and administrative industry safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized use, access, loss, misuse, alteration or extraction. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all situations. If you have any questions about security on our website, please contact at using email address listed in Contact Us section below.
This website is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not know knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
Links to Other Websites
Leading Women in Technology
P.O. Box 583
Mountain View CA 94042